I have always liked this dish, but sometimes it has made me feel like there is something missing. A different kind of Cesar salad for the season is what you need!
I have added a few extra ingredients, like bell pepper and eggs. The green bell pepper gives it an extra flavour that gives some more freshness and richness to the dish and the egg makes it even better. The lettuce and chicken has never been quite satisfying enough for me, so we tried to make it a bit richer.
This is definitely the perfect salad to have as main dish, excellent for summer when you don’t want to eat any hot meals.
You can freely improvise and change the ingredients as you like. I like to open up the fridge and see what’s in there before panicking that I don’t have all the “correct” ingredients for a dish.
I have jazzed up the sauce a little bit as well. The sauce recipe normally never calls for honey, but I think that touch of sweetness gives the salad a more interesting twist.
But you should try it for yourself and judge it! This will be the perfect party dish, as well as a great hearty and healthy salad for a busy work night dinner. The sauce is quick to make as everything is blended together in 5 min, the rest is cleaning and cutting up the ingredients for the salad. If you want to economise even more on time, I suggest you tear the lettuce leaves with your hands.
Serve this with some fresh Sauvignon Blanc for a perfect date night 🙂
A different kind of Cesar salad
My Cesar sauce
- 1 egg yolk organic
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 salted anchovies
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ glass olive oil extra virgin
- 1 juice of a lemon
- ice berg lettuce or other crunchy options
- 1 boiled chicken thigh I used chicken that I made some chicken broth with
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 cup bread croutons
- grated parmigiano reggiano
- For the sauce, put all the ingredients together in a blender, except for the olive oil. Blend well and with the blender working, add the olive oil slowly until completely incorporated.
- Prep all the ingredients for the salad in a big bowl and pour the sauce over to cover everything well.
- Put the croutons on top and grate some parmigiano reggiano before serving.