Busy nights are basically all nights, aren’t they? So I want to concentrate more on easy and stress free recipes like this amazing and easy cuttlefish sautéed with rice.
Few ingredients but rich in taste, and you really have to do very little for the preparation. While it’s cooking, you can do a little yoga session, take a shower and relax, or finish your last work emails. Not only is it easy, it is also fresh and healthy. You should include more seafood in your diet, especially if you are following a Mediterranean lifestyle and to lower meat consumption.
You can use various kinds of rice for this, like the bomba or arborio rice, but I like basmati rice for this sort of preparation best They cook quite quickly and give a very nice floral aroma to the whole dish.
Cuttlefish sautéed with tomato and rice
- 1 cuttlefish
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Pinch of chili or ají (optional)
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Chop up the onion and garlic. Preheat some olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion on a low heat. Add the bell pepper cut into small pieces and cook for 1 min. Add the cuttlefish and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, salt, chili (optional) and stir everything well.
- Put on a lid and sauté for 35 min.
- Rinse the rice under cold water and add to the pot with the cuttlefish. Add 2 cups of water and bring everything to boil. Once it’s boiling, put on the lid and lower the heat. Cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Mix in the parsley before serving.