I’ll tell you a small secret. We already use a very common fruit for salad on a daily basis without even thinking about it. Yep, tomato is a fruit! But this salad with the addition of watermelon is so juicy and fresh, it will blow you away! So can fruit make the perfect summer salad? Why yes they can!
It will be a fun dish to present to your friends and family. It is easy and quick to make, and can be accompanied by a summer BBQ or just serve this salad as a refreshing lunch or light dinner!
You can also serve this with some fresh burrata, mozzarella or some feta cheese!
Accompany this salad with some other things like…
Tomato and watermelon summer salad
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- ¼ medium sized watermelon
- ½ sweet white onion
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh herbs, like oregano, basil, mint
- 2 tsp marinated capers
- This is all pretty basic. Cut the tomatoes in big chunks. Cut the watermelon in similar-size pieces and take out the black pits.
- Slice the onion in thin rings.
- Chop the capers and the herbs.
- Mix everything in a big bowl with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add some salt, if necessary.