What a simple way to make a dinner party more fancy and tasty! With some easy and flavourful oven baked scallops. This recipe won’t take more than 15min of your time, these can be made right before serving and they are so tasty!
As everything seafood related, it is really important to make sure that the scallops are fresh, so if you are doubting the freshness at the market that day, it’s better to change the recipe for something else.
I like to choose the scallops that come with the shell, because the shell becomes a small serving dish itself, so if it’s for a party, this is the perfect finger food. You can either look for big scallops, or you can use this same recipe for the zamburiñas, the smaller ones, just reduce the cooking time slightly, so they don’t overcook and become a bit chewy.
The herb mix can be modified as you please, change the parsley for another fresh herb or instead of lemon juice you can use some lemon zest for freshness. You can also put just a bit of butter for a richer taste, it’s really up to you. Cooking should be fun and not stressful, so use whatever you have fresh on your hands, experiment and create your own signature gratin.
Ovenbaked scallops with herb gratin
- 8 fresh scallops with the shell
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 juiced lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ⅓ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven with the grill or air ventilation to a 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, chopped garlic and bread crumbs.
- Wash the scallops under cold water for a few seconds. Put them on a cooking pan and put the parsley mixture on top of each.
- Cook in the oven for about 10 min or until the top bread crums become golden brown.