You have to try this fantastic lamb recipe. It will be the best lamb you will cook. Because it’s easy, it’s fresh, tasty and also quite versatile!
It’s not much fuss as it doesn’t require long preparations, but it will need quite a lot of time in the oven. The ideal thing is to prepare the lamb and put it in the oven in the morning or at midday and serve it at night.
It will be so juicy and soft, so you don’t need to worry about dry meat. You can serve this with fresh salad, some oven-baked potatoes, or maybe even better, some homemade wheat tacos!
Get the recipe for tacos right HERE
The result of the meat you will get is this and there is no way to go wrong in this recipe.
As I mentioned, the recipe is very versatile, so you can experiment with different spices for the lamb, or skip them all together, just leaving some rosemary, salt and pepper.
The sauce in the recipe is very fresh and tangy, but it can also be changed for any other accompaniment.
Slow-cooked Lamb with fresh herb sauce
- Baking pan
- Aluminium foil
- 1 kg lamb leg
- 1 big white onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup spring onion
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or anchovy paste optional
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice and some grated rind
Cooking the lamb leg
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a baking pan put some olive oil and place a roughly chopped onion and some rosemary.
- Make 10 small incisions in the lamb leg and push in the garlic cloves and some rosemary.
- Massage the leg with some olive oil, salt, cumin, black pepper and ginger. Place it on the onions in the baking pan. Put some aluminium foil over the leg and put it in the oven.
- Cook for at least 5 hours until the leg is completely tender and you can shred it easily with a fork.
- Prepare the sauce just before serving. In a blender mix all the ingredients together and pour half of it over the shredded lamb. Leave some more if you want to add later on.
Let us know if you cooked this dish and how it came out! Share your food with us on instagram with the hashtag #thebonvivantclub!